|Where:||Metro Theatre, 1370 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver BC|
|What:||Acting UP! Musical Theatre production|
“One of the most popular Disney movies of all time is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect musical! Based on the books by P.L. Travers and the classic Walt Disney film, Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's Mary Poppins has delighted Broadway audiences for over 2,500 performances and received nominations for nine Olivier and seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren't the only ones upon whom she has a profound effect. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that "Anything can happen if you let it”.”
Join our Company of Young Performers as they bring their energy and enthusiasm to the colourful characters and the many memorable songs including “Spoonful of Sugar”, “Jolly Holiday” and of course “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”!
The show is aprox 2 hours & 15 minutes in length (including intermission) and is suitable for all ages.
- Theatre is wheelchair accessible
- The Box office will open one hour before the show for ticket pick-up. Please bring your receipt or email confirmation to the box office on the day of the performance to exchange for tickets listed in the Transaction Information. Tickets can also be purchased at the door prior 1 hour prior to the show time.
- Seating is by General Admission - no reserved seating is available.
- Doors open approx 1/2 hour before showtime.
- No photography or filming of any kind is allowed
- No refunds but exchanges for an alternate performance are permitted if available.
For more information, contact or call 604-263-9977